Today, we are going to tell you how you can reset windows 7 password without need of any software or CD. Now a days we have lots of things and social media accounts which are password protected. So you can say that we are surrounded by lots of passwords. We assigned different passwords for different types of social media accounts and devices because if we assign same password for all social media accounts and devices and sometimes our device or any social media account compromise then our all accounts and devices are at risk. So we assign different passwords for different accounts and after sometimes we forgot our password. So, This post will help those people who had forgotten their Login password. To reset windows 7 password you have to follow given steps.
How to reset windows 7 password:
- First, start your system.
- After starting the system you will see login screen as given below.
- It will ask you for a password but ignore it and restart the system.
- When your system is starting you will see windows starting thing on the screen.
- As soon as you see windows starting press power button to directly off the system.
- Then, start the system again.
- It will show you recovery windows and show you two options.
a) Lanch Start up repair(recommended)
b) Start windows normally.
Note: If you can't see above recovery windows after starting the windows then repeat steps 3 and 4 again and again so you will succeed.
- Now you have to select the first option "Lanch start up repair(recommended)" and hit the enter.
- Then, it will show you startup repair screen. It will take some time for processing.
- After, startup repair screen appear click on drop-down list (view problem detail.) as per show in below image,
- Then scroll down and click on the last link (X:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt ).
- It will open erofflps.txt file.
- Now go to file -->open-->computer-->c\ :-->windows-->system32-->find the SETHC.
- Rename this file to any name..(i.e sethcxx).
- Then find the cmd file-->then copy cmd file -->and past cmd file there.
- Now rename the copied cmd file to sethc.
- Close all the windows.
Now system automatically restarts.
Now your password is reset and your current password is blnak(just press enter to start system). Now you can change your password by just going to control panel.